Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Joy


Here I am desperately seeking a menorah and the daughter went to Walgreens with me where she decided she had to have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for her room.

We went with her Bestie to finish up Christmas shopping for the other relatives so I was distracted. Well I was really distracted shopping for myself. 

With the previous trip to the same store had come some Jingle Cash which was expiring. I want to get us both new digital clock radios preferably with cd players. I thought they would have them but sadly they did not.

Then I saw they had a projector on sale. I wanted that. They were out of them. I was not sure what else we needed and there was a minimum I had to buy to get the Jingle Cash discount.

With today being the last day of my discount availability I went back to the original store we shopped at and returned the items we were disappointed with.

A pair of frog slippers the daughter got for her step sister were missing an eye on one foot. I bought individual toe socks but the toes were too generic and tiny, she got two shirts for her baby nieces but was over charged at check out.

The original shop on Watt, across from Metro where I needed to pay our phone bills because they were off, did not have the projector either. It also listed that the deal they had posted in last weeks ad for it had ended.

I wondered if I should have asked for a rain check the night before. We had been at the Walgreens at Antelope. Heading off to the one on Greenback was my last hope. 

They had all I wanted and more…hahahahah
When I finally looked and saw the pitiful little tree I had to laugh and give in. They are discounted down to $5.Squee!

I think she will be delighted to have it in a few days. Tonight she is busy with the Bestie still…
They are hanging outside with friends.

I took the uncooked Thanksgiving turkey out of the freezer. Yesterday I made fudge. Today I bought cookies sheets and cream cheese cookie press cookies are planned for some time in the near future. I really can’t wait too long. 

One of my friends invited me over for Friday tea and cookies. She invited me but suggested I should bring the cookies. LOL

I have silly friends. I don’t think the teen will be joining us for tea. She has become extremely picky about which of my friends (even those with kids her age) she can abide…

She can be a doll however. On the first day of Hanukkah she gave me a mom diary for the coming year. I love her giving heart. When she is flush with funds her thoughts run to family. Even the grown ups have gifts from her this year.



We left one store without a small wall hanging she purchased and got home too late to go back or call. The next day I dropped by. The teen assumed it was gone. 

The store said “Oh no the cashier realized as soon as you were out the door. She told us you might drop in, you paid by check and this was your item.” They had it in the back room on hold.

Blessings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment